Monday, May 12, 2014

Still a contender

Bill Belichick drafted a quarterback in the second round of the draft, and while some may be passionately questioning the early selection of Jimmy Garoppolo, the Patriots remain among the NFL's elite

Yes, I was surprised they took a QB so early. But you can't convince me that -- even if they drafted what I wanted them to draft, a tight end -- there was any player available who would absolutely be making an immediate impact this season.

Bottom line, quarterback or no quarterback in the second round, the Patriots are in the same spot they entered the draft in. They're still a Super Bowl contender.

On Monday's podcast, I reacted to New England's draft weekend with Boston Herald Patriots Insider Jeff Howe.

Also, I talked Bruins/Canadiens, Stanley Cup & NBA playoffs, and Red Sox baseball.

Listen to "I'm Just Sayin" every weekday by subscribing on iTunes (refresh in iTunes to download latest podcast).

@DannyPicard

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home